The Crawford County Community Foundation awarded $133,515 to Crawford County nonprofit organizations and community projects during its Spring 2022 Grant Cycle.
The following organizations are Spring 2022 Grant Recipients:
- Centers Against Abuse and Sexual Assault (CAASA) – $548, Resource Library
- Charter Oak Senior Housing – $5,000, Driveway Resurfacing
- Children’s Imagination Station – $7,778, Playground Safety Improvements
- City of Deloit – $1,714, Tree Removal and Tree Planting in City Park
- City of Denison – $12,000, Crawford County Wellness/Recreation Center
- City of Dow City – $2,500, Re-roofing of Park Gazebo
- City of Ricketts – $1,000, Cement Planters for Main Street
- City of Westside – $20,000, Shelter House Renovation
- Crawford County Shooting Sports – $5,000, Youth Marksmanship League
- Crossroads of Crawford County – $4,000, CoCares Reinforcements
- Deloit Volunteer Fire Department – $2,500, New Equipment
- Dow City Arion Fire Department – $3,200, Protective Bunker Gear
- Eventide Foundation – $2,000, Sensory Room for Dementia Residents
- Friends of the Dow House, Inc. – $2,000, Wallpapering of Maid’s Room
- Friends of Yellow Smoke Inc. – $2,825, Educational Fur Trunk
- Hospital Foundation of Crawford County – $2,000, Thrift Shop Building Exterior Paint/Repairs
- Kiron Fire Department, Inc. – $15,000, Fire Station Roof Replacement
- Little Hawks Childcare Center – $10,000, Center Programming and Start-Up Funds
- Manilla Fire Department – $3,000, Bunker Gear Replacement
- Manilla Wellness Center – $8,200, Improvements to Basketball Area
- Share My Smile – $3,000, Project Growth and Development
- UCC-Child Care – $15,000, Parking and Entrance Updates
- Veterans Memorial Park – $2,000, Vail Veteran’s Memorial Park Fencing
- Westside Community Club – $2,500, Furnace Replacement
- Westside Public Library – $750, Westside Bridges Library Project
All grantees met the criteria as Crawford County nonprofit agencies or organizations with charitable missions supporting community needs in the areas of civic engagement, culture, health, education, and social services. Only organizations providing services in Crawford County were eligible to apply.
The Crawford County Community Foundation is an affiliate of the Omaha Community Foundation, which meets National Standards for Community Foundations, and is one of nine county members of the Community Foundations of Southwest Iowa. It receives funds annually from the State of Iowa County Endowment Fund Program for endowment building and grantmaking throughout the county. This cycle of grants was made possible through the County Endowment Fund Program and is funded by a percentage of the state’s commercial gaming tax revenue, which is distributed annually to participating community foundations associated with counties without a state-issued gaming license.
The Crawford County Community Foundation works with individuals, families, businesses, and organizations to create permanent and expendable funds that address changing, vital community needs and interests. To inquire about donating to the Crawford County Community Foundation, please contact the Community Foundations of Southwest Iowa staff or any board member listed below. Gifts to permanently endowed funds through the Crawford County Community Foundation may be eligible to receive a 25% Endow Iowa Tax Credit.
The Crawford County Community Foundation Advisory Board Members are Chair, Kelly Sonnichsen of Denison; Vice Chair, Maura Sailer of Denison; Secretary/Treasurer, Steve Vollstedt of Manilla; Nikki Ahart of Dow City; Steve Brownmiller, OD of Denison; Jace Hawley of Vail; Paul Outhouse of Schleswig; Deb Quandt of Westside; and Sarah Weinbrandt of Charter Oak.
For information about donating or establishing an individual foundation/fund, please contact Stacey Goodman, Iowa Foundations Director, at 800-794-3458 or email@example.com.